Monday, March 31, 2014

Ransom Riggs I love you!!!!!

Ransom Riggs
Ransom Riggs is a accomplished author, he has written many books. The ones he is most known for is his series Miss        Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I love these books!!!! So far he has only written two and a third one is coming out. The covers of these books are very eye catching. On the cover there is a picture of a girl in is a 1920s dress. she has a cute little tiara she looks pretty normal except one thing, she is floating above the ground. This picture is one of the character in the book. When I was in the book store and saw this book I was intrigued just the cover made me want to buy it. This series has made Ransom Riggs my new favorite author. Riggs has added pictures to his stories which most YA writers do not do such a thing. With these photos Riggs tells as a story. he has borrowed these pictures from collectors who have lent there personal archives. Riggs also collects some of the pictures himself he started collecting vintage snapshots at flea markets. he began to wonder who some of the strange looking children where. He started with the photos and made stories off of them. Riggs said "It was a fun, strange, organic writing process, unlike anything I had attempted." I find this very amazing.
So the first book Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, starts out with a boy named Jacob. When Jacobs Grandfather dies he is devastated. Jacob whats to find the truth to his grandfathers tales and pictures. Jacob goes back to the island where his grandfather spent his childhood. Jacob discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Jacob finds that the children may not have just been peculiar but also dangerous. And somehow impossible though it seems they may still be alive. Duh duh duhhhhh. The book is so thrilling. And it is a must read. I have bought Hollow City and will keep you all updated when I am finished. Ransom Riggs style and "peculiarness" has made these books wonderful. READ THEM!!!!!                


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children here is a link to buy it.

Here I want you to buy Hollow City Its Wonderful!!!

Love you all please comment and subscribe. And most of all read!!












3 comments:

  1. I finished "Hollow City" amazing book one of my favorites. It leaves you on a cliff hanger which I hate because I want book three now!!!! Also I wanted to let you all know I emailed Ransom Riggs and am waiting for a respond can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought Hollow City at the airport because the cover intrigued me and I'm so excited to read it, but I need to buy the first book and read it first! You might really like my favorite series which starts with the book "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. It's an adult book, but he started out as an YA writer so it still have a similar vibe as YA books, just a little more mature with a bit of sexiness. It's magical realism, my favorite style of writing. I love books that are a little bit magical and mysterious and dark, but set in an era that feels like the late 1800s or early 1900s. Carlos Ruiz Zafon has one YA book that is published in English called "The Prince of Mist."

    Ps. YOURE AWESOME
    love, Moorea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers of Ms.Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children are very interesting. The way the stories and the pictures work in harmony is amazing. Something to keep in mind is that the pictures came first!!!

      Delete