Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Book Groups; The Joys, and Pains.

Book groups can be a joy or a pain. It is really not fun when they waste time, but they can also be a good experience. I am in a book club right now, we are reading the book "Make Lemonade" by Virginia Euwer Wolff. So far I have found it a very enjoyable read and written very well. The problem with the book club I am in is that most of the other people don't share the same interest in reading as I. They don't like to participate and are not benefiting from the book. This is one of the pains to book clubs, people. Not all people share the same interest in books as you or I. Some think it's a waste of time. So when you are in a book club with those types of people it is hard. Another pain is the book. Not always do you get a book that you like. When other people choose the book usually they have different taste than you. It's a fact that when you don't like the book you don't get as much out of it.  And it is really not fun to read a book that you don't like. Always be willing to step out of your reading comfort zone, but don't think it's a fault of your own if you don't like a book. It is not fun to be forced into a book club and for me most of the time it is not fun. Have a book club that is fun for everyone. Some things that are very enjoyable about book clubs if that you get to read more books. This is the point of book clubs to read a good book and then talk about it. Have an intelligent conversation about reading. This reason is why I love book clubs. There are alway pains of book club, but join one it is worth it.



So sorry about the wait I had a super busy week. Don't worry I am still working on posting every week. Don't forget to comment and subscribe.

1 comment:

  1. I have finished my book club and the book "Make Lemonade" it was a pretty good book, but the end let you feel empty. No like a cliff hanger more just empty. The content is amazing. It is about a 17 year old Jolly who has two children, and LaVaughn who comes to babysit to earn collage money. The story is told by LaVaughn. Another thing I disliked is how Jolly has so many struggles and they are predominantly shown, but LaVaughn is kind of a flat character.

    ReplyDelete